Tatum and I have been talking about her birthday party for months - She switched themes at least 12 times and tried to change it to a princess pool party at home as late as last week. Perhaps I should have listened to her...
Her Mermaid party at the new splash pad across town didn't go as planned. Mother Nature's wind took the wind out of the party sails both literally and figuratively. No decorations could withstand the 20mph gusts, I forgot the drinks at home, the cupcakes were first frosting less then eaten before the pizza arrived and the park was crowded to say the least. The salt on the wound - I have less than 30 photos of the entire party. I felt defeated and disappointed. It took me nearly 24 hours to turn my defeat into gratitude. The party was still challenged but looking through the photos, I see joy on Tatum's face. A face that nearly 4 years ago fought really really hard to arrive and then survive. Tatum is a blessing that I thank God for everyday and with her smile and personality near, no further decoration is needed!
Daddy and Graham getting dumped on.