My friend, Melissa, came over to cut my hair yesterday. When I came downstairs after blow drying mine, this is what I found..."I'm just combing her out and taking a look - I won't cut anything if you don't want me to but she would look so cute". I could feel the tears welling up in my eyes. I wasn't prepared for this moment. I of course planned on getting her hair cut at some stage, but hadn't yet built up the courage to do it and face the reality that doing so could possibly take away her sweet curls. She assured me that they would still be there and after her promising on our friendship (no really, we have been friends since we were born so she got that my joke was actually really serious;)) I got my camera and said "OK, I'm we're ready. This is exactly the sabotage I needed
Tatum was beside herself. So sweet to see my baby feel so proud
"My hairs hurt, Mommy" "No, sweet, this makes them feel healthy and strong"
"oh, OK"
The cut looks great. She wanted to wear her polka-dot princess dress this morning and when she put it on I couldn't help but think of the last time she wore that dress...
Her first birthday party. Wow! Tatum's personality, strength (and hair) have grown so much over the past two years